The Law Offices of James W. Denison’s exceptional dedication to clients and innovative strategies have resulted in numerous victories in the courts and at the negotiating table. Highlights of Mr. Denison's career at Wall Street and local business-oriented law firms and more recent solo practice include the following:
- Obtained dozens of favorable rulings in various business litigation matters through summary judgment, summary adjudication, motions to dismiss, and demurrers that effectively ended cases
- Successfully obtained and opposed attachments, preliminary injunctions, and expedited temporary restraining orders
- Received favorable verdicts in jury and bench trials involving such issues as breach of contract, wrongful termination, breach of fiduciary duty, trademark infringement, and unfair business practices
- Prevented patent infringement plaintiffs from accessing client’s source code
Before officially beginning the practice of law, Mr. Denison worked as a summer associate at Dechert Price & Rhoads in Philadelphia and at the Wall Street firm Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, both highly rated firms and excellent places for any new associate to “learn from the best.” Mr. Denison accepted a full-time position at Milbank and subsequently worked at Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP in Century City through the mid-2000s. Mr. Denison has been working out of Orange County since 2010.
Get in touch
We at the Law Offices of James W. Denison know that finding the right attorney to represent you is a choice not to be taken lightly. That’s why we offer free initial consultations to address your goals and budget.
25 Years' experience
James W. Denison
With upwards of two decades of experience at Wall Street law firms such as Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP and local firms such as Cumins & White LLP, Mr. Denison has shown he has the detail-oriented know-how to meet the needs of a wide variety of businesses seeking cost-effective representation.
Mr. Denison obtained his juris doctor degree from the University of Southern California law school, where he served two years on the Southern California Law Review, including one year as Executive Editor. He was also invited to participate in the Hale Moot Court Honors Program and Computer/Law Journal/Major Tax Planning Journal. Among other honors and awards he received at the law school include the American Jurisprudence Award in Civil Procedure (for highest grade in the class) and the Law Merit Scholarship. In his subsequent legal career he has also received recognition for his pro bono contributions.
Before entering the field of law, Mr. Denison spent five years as an editor at newspapers and magazines such as the Los Angeles Herald-Examiner and Los Angeles Magazine, where he also contributed occasional articles. He began undergraduate school at Yale University, then transferred back to his native California and received his Bachelor of Arts degree from UCLA.
Juris Doctor, 1991
B.A., English 1982
Activities & Awards
•Law Review Executive Editor
• American Jurisprudence Award
• Law Merit Scholarship
• Bet Tzedek Award for Pro Bono Contributions
• Volunteer Contributions to Los Angeles Superior Court Mediation and Small Claims Programs
• California Supreme Court
• Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
• California Federal District Courts
• Pro Hac Vice in various Arizona, Florida, New York, and other court and administrative proceedings